TECHNOPLANET LAB PRIVATE LIMITED ("Company","We" or "Us" and their connotations) operates a website www.makershala.com called as "Platform", which is engaged in providing products & services with an objective to develop skills in Users in the age group of 6-18 years.
Our Platform is primarily accessed by Users between the ages of 6-18 years to build 21st century skills, discover their interest and apply concepts in the real world. Makershala provides a project based learning ecosystem through following ways:
- DIY Projects: These are self-doing projects through which You can start your journey of learning by making.
- Course Projects: These are guided projects which You take part in, along with fellow learners and a mentor.
- Contests: These are open (outside the scope of a course) challenges and You can submit a project to earn recognitions.
The term "Users" for the purposes of these Terms shall be read as You and/or the learner.
Our Services are for users in the age group of 6 to 18 years and we do not knowingly collect personal information from users under the age of 6. Each user between this age group having a learner account on Makershala has a parent account associated with it. The parent approval is required for activation of the learner account. The parent can view all the activities performed by the learner on the platform.
Information We Collect and Use
In order to provide Services, we require certain user information and may obtain the same through user- provided data or automatic data collection.
We collect information that may be used to identify you ,including, but not limited to,
- name, e-mail ID, photograph, location and other contact information
- gender and other demographics
- birth date, year and month to validate your age
- details of school name, class
- social media accounts, if available.
We also collect certain information either when you provide it to use the Platform or Services and/or automatically as you navigate through the Platform (which may include usage details, IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by the device, access times, and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies). You agree that we may use such information to do internal research on our Users' demographics to better understand, protect and serve our Users.
Whenever you share videos, project work or any form of content or feedback with Makershala, you give Makershala permission to share that content on any social media Platform, Makershala website or App or YouTube channel. Makershala assures you that the intent will only be to publish positive results and developments to other Users. If any of the Users allows us to collect information from his or her device phonebook—and /You are one of that User's contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that User's phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect through the Platform.
We use data collection devices such as "cookies" on certain pages of the Platform to help analyse our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. Cookies are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing our Services. We offer certain features that are only available using a cookie. Cookies can also help us provide information that is targeted to your interests. Online training sessions are recorded and used for quality audits and teacher training. Users shall grant the Company a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license for content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos, audio and videos (IP License). This IP License shall end when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period (but will not be available to others).
Purpose of Collection
We collect personal information only necessary for the following purposes:
- To create and maintain an account;
- To enable you to avail our Services, and ensure efficient customer care experience and develop new features;
- To determine your current age;
- To send surveys or marketing communications to inform you of new products or Services or other information that may be of interest;
- To dispatch transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, and purchase confirmations;
- To notify the necessary information related to the Platform and Services and your account on the Platform from time to time;
- To maintain records and provide you with an efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Platform;
- To analyse overall trends to helps us improve the Platform and Services;
- To ask for feedback on our Service;
- To furnish your information to service partners and providers only to the extent necessary for delivering the relevant services (e.g. scheduling service and maintenance, providing emergency assistance);
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity;
- To comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- We may use your email address to seek your consent for registration and to explain what information we are collecting, how we plan to use it, and how you can revoke consent or request at any time that we remove the account and delete any Personal Information collected (including the parental contact information).
- We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information in response to any statutory or legal requirements. We will use and disclose your Personal Information if we believe that you will harm the property or rights of the Platform, its owners, or those of the Platform's other Users. Finally, we will use the User's Personal Information if we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or property, violations of the Platform's other policies, or as otherwise required by law when responding to subpoenas, court orders and other legal processes.
- If we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, safety, Users or others, we may in good faith share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- You agree that we may use Personal Information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyse site usage, improve the Platform's content and Service offerings, and customize the Platform's content, layout, and Services. These uses improve the Platform and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with an efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Platform.
We always strive to keep your Personal Information safe, we have been taking many safety measures, including:
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Safety in the operating environment: we store your Personal Information in a safe operating environment and it can only be accessed by employees, representatives and Service providers on a need-to-use basis. We comply with industry standards and the law to protect your Personal Information.
- Payment information: confidentiality according to industry standards.
- We strictly limit the Personal Information that is publicly viewable about a User.
- When such a User posts content on the Platform, only their Username & Profile Picture, along with the content of their posting is shown.
Links to other Sites
Compliance with Data Protection Regulations
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. TECHNOPLANET LAB PRIVATE LIMITED aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us on the details as given below.
Rights of the Data Subject
You have the following data protection rights.
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where TECHNOPLANET LAB PRIVATE LIMITED relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third party service providers (called 'processors') to perform certain processing activities on our behalf, such as Parties involved in hosting and enabling our Services. Please note that we will not share your Personal Information with third parties allowing them to use this information for their own purposes unless you have given explicit consent thereto. Categories of third party processors are:
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Online and Behavioral Marketing
Payment Processing and Discounting
We may provide paid products and/or Services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party Services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Collaboration and Location Service Providers
We collaborate with location Service providers to send out emails, SMS and OTPs to our customers, enable online live video classes for students and teachers and to enable telephony across our students, teachers and support team.
Rights to Your Personal Information
You have the right to provide Personal Information to us and may change that decision at any time. You have the right to check, update and adjust your Personal Information by logging into your account and editing personal information or asking us to do this. You may also delete your information at any time on the Platform. However, we may retain certain information as required by law or for reasonable business purposes. To sum up, you have the right to access, update, delete, rectify, object or restrict the Personal Information we have on you.
Please contact us by email or postal mail on the following address of the Grievance Officer
Name: Technoplanet Lab Private Limited
Address: 5E/1A BP, NIT, Faridabad, Haryana, India
Pin Code: 121001